Pages Menu
TwitterRssFacebook
Categories Menu

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 | 0 comments

Give the gift of art for the holidays

Support students of the School of the Art Institute at their annual art sale this weekend

By Jennifer Billock

Support the students of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago at their annual Holiday Art Sale this weekend.

Photos, sculptures, jewelry and handmade paper designs are just a few of the many items on sale. Not sure what to get your hard-to-shop-for friend for the holidays? How about a handmade fashion accessory or painting? All pieces are unique and are sure to impress.

The one-of-a-kind sale is not just a chance for the students to earn money from their creations, but it’s also a lesson in the art business, as the students will be manning their own tables. The artists will receive 85 percent of their profits, with the remaining 15 percent going to the SAIC Student Association to fund future projects and educational programs.

Admission to the sale is free, leaving you able to spend at will on works ranging in price from $1 to more than $1,000.

Shop away in the MacLean Center Ballroom at 112 S. Michigan. The sale runs from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 19, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 20. For more information, call 312-629-6880 or visit www.saic.edu.

0 Comments

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. The Real Chicago Magazine – Give the Gift of Art « Jen Billock – Portfolio - [...] Give the gift of art for the holidays [...]